Starting a career path is one of the most sensitive and important parts of a person’s life because it’s at such points that critical decisions are made. The decisions made during this period can either make or mar the future.
Many adolescents of nowadays aren’t really sure of the career path to follow. Some end up following certain careers either because of friends, family or due to societal pressure, forgetting that it may not be the best for them.
Are you unsure of what career path to take?
Here are some questions that can serve as a guide to help you make your decision:
- Who are you?- What are your values, what’s your background, what do you stand for?
- What do you love doing?- These are your likes and strengths. Under this, you can put down your dislikes and weaknesses. For example, if you are scared of heights, you shouldn’t consider piloting as a career. If you don’t like seeing blood, you shouldn’t consider a career in nursing or medicine because that’s what these careers entail. If you love standing for people’s rights or diplomatically proving a point, then, you may consider being a human rights activists or a lawyer.
- What do you really want out of life?- State your dreams, visions and ambitions.
- What do you want to become in the future?. Did you already have any career in mind, whether from childhood or an increased likeness for any profession?. State it all here.
For example, if you liked doing debates in primary or secondary school, you may consider a career in public speaking. If you were in your drama group back in primary school or generally a dramatic person, you may consider a career in acting or even comedy. If you liked singing, you may work on your voice and possibly consider being an artiste. The list goes on and on and on. You simply just have to think about your past and use it to act on your future.
- What kind of people do you love relating with?- Are you an extrovert or perhaps an introvert?. This may serve as a deciding factor as well.
These and many more questions will help you access yourself and help you adequately choose the appropriate career path to follow.
As we all know, there are numerous career paths one could follow, due to interest, background or even physique.
Some of them are:
- Motivational and Public Speaking
- Boxing and so many others
It’s important not to let pressures from friends, family or even the society push you away from choosing the right career… the one you love!.
However, don’t completely rule them out because some of what they may be saying may gradually lead you to the right point!.
It may not all be rosy at the beginning, especially if people aren’t really supporting you at the beginning but I can assure you that if you diligently answer the questions above, think about everything deeply and choose the right path, it will be worth it at the end. You’ll certainly flourish in that regards!.
I hope these words gave you that encouragement and support that you need in choosing the best career for yourself!.
If you have any more questions or concerns, feel free to contact us on (+234) 8136301363, 234 (1) 4549551 or send us an email: email@example.com
Thank you for reading till the end!.